|This short quiz tests your knowledge on: Hypertension. Follow the directions for each question. When completed, insert your email address and you will instantly receive your graded response.
1. Hypertension is the natural result of the heart trying to pump blood through restricted blood cells. True False
2. A blood pressure reading of 120/80 is the ideal adult blood pressure. True False
3. Which of the following is NOT a contributing factor to essential hypertension?
4. Select the line item which IS a major factor in controlling hypertension?
5. Sodium/salt intake should be reduced to 1 teaspoon per day to reduce essential hypertension. True False
6. Diet and rest are the best lifestyle changes for treating hypertension. True False
7. Medications help to control hypertension to protect from strokes, but cannot cure it. True False
8. Strokes and heart attacks are the most common complications of hypertension. True False
9. Alcoholic drinks should be limited to 5 or 6 drinks per day. True False
10. Americans consume 2-4 teaspoonfuls of salt per day, 10-20 times more than the body needs. True False