Finding a Good BabysitterBy Kay Kuzma, Ed.D.
|Photo by Pixabay|
When it comes to childcare, don’t settle for second best!
The best care-givers are those who have a special love for the child; who are committed and willing to sacrifice personal desires in order to meet the child’s needs.
• Demonstrates maturity in behavior and decisions.
• Is a family friend or is someone you know well and feel you can trust.
• Loves to play with the children.
• Spends time with the children rather than doing own projects.
• Innately understands how to get children to cooperate without force or physical coercion.
• Quickly establishes a rapport with the children.
• Has taken CPR and knows safety procedures.
• Shows respect for you as parents.
• Follows instructions.
• Leaves the home in better shape than when she or he arrives.
• Has good recommendations from others.
• Gives an accurate report of babysitting activities and your children’s responses.